So many things going on right now, it is difficult to quantify! I don't want you to miss several things that are very current. I will also write more later about the music therapy conference going on in Chicago at the end of this week, so check back soon!
- If you happen to be one of the lucky ones making it to national conference this year, let's all wish ourselves luck with the transportation to and from the airport to the conference hotel!! :)
- Once I make it to the conference, you will be able to find me at the exhibit hall with the Shenandoah University booth, or at the research poster session, or at my concurrent session presentation on Friday from 7:30 - 9:00 am. Early!
- Last year, Ben Folds made a big splash at the conference through twitter and by showing up in person! This year he is out with a new album. Some of the profits will go to support music education and music therapy!!
- You may remember that this year we are doing a sound scape during opening session! Did you also remember to go and download the sound clips? Go here and be ready for Christine Stevens, music therapist extraordinaire, and the live experience!
- Just in time for our national conference, TED talks released a wonderful talk by Robert Gupta regarding music and medicine. I have mentioned Mr. Gupta before, a wonderful violinist and advocate for music therapy!
- I also wanted to highlight some great music therapy being done by a friend of mine, Laura Cornelius. Here is the write-up at the Florida Sun Sentinel. Hurray Laura!
Things are really moving fast out there in the world of music therapy! Get your twitter feeds ready to go! I haven't even mentioned the big meetings going on this year about moving music therapy to a master's level entry! I will write more about that later...
I will catch up with you in Chicago! Music just makes sense!