Saturday, September 24, 2011

Dreams of Somatron


The Daily Muse
    


Welcome to the Daily Muse feature of Music Makes Sense!  This daily update brings you up to the minute news about music and music therapy as it relates to our professions, events and individual lives.  You can follow the daily entries by subscribing to Music Makes Sense on Twitter or by "Liking" the Facebook page for Music Makes Sense.  Enjoy, and thanks for reading!

Follow musicmakessense on Twitter



A few months ago I was able to try out a Somatron chair, very similar to the one in the picture. I remembered the experience today as I thought about some stiffness and soreness in my back and shoulders! The chair was amazing! I had been in one before at a conference, but it was for a short time, and the environment was very distracting. Sitting in one for twenty minutes or longer in a quiet space can be a completely different experience. I have always loved the feeling of sitting at a live orchestra concert or being very close to the fireworks going off at the fourth of July, so I was not surprised that I enjoyed the Somatron chair. It was definitely therapeutic and relaxing for me, although I think it would be the same as with anything else, subject to personal preference. Somatron has some encouraging research on their website about the clinical use of the Somatron technology, but I think there is much research yet to be done to verify the true effects of this type of intervention. Personally, I loved it, and wish that I had a chair in my living room! 


-- Just thought I would share my Somatron chair wish with you today. If you ever get the chance, try one out and let me know what you think!

Don't forget to share your favorite posts with friends and family by clicking on the share buttons at the bottom of this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommended Amazon

Subscribe by email or obtain RSS feed by clicking here:

Amazon orders originating with clicks on any Amazon product link on the site help to benefit Music Makes Sense and its ongoing contribution to the world of music and music therapy. Thank You so much!
Related Posts with Thumbnails