Friday, April 10, 2009

Carly Fleischmann: Blogger Extraordinaire!



I found Carly on Twitter after she started following me. I was so inspired by her blog and was very excited when she was able to go on Larry King Live. Her unique insight into how someone with autism thinks and processes sensory input from the world is invaluable for therapists like me. I think her story also provides some better understanding and hope for parents as well.

Carly is an articulate and insightful writer. This is especially amazing when you learn that she only started spelling out words a few years ago. Now she is able to type back and forth to people in conversation as well as write for presentation like she did on the Larry King Show.

Here is one passage from her blog that demonstrates her valuable contribution to the understanding of autism:

“To tell you the truth, I don’t know I am a girl with autism that learned how to spell and is now able to tell people what I think. It’s not like I built a thousand houses in New Orleans or found a way for people who don’t have food get food. I think the only thing I can say is, don’t give up; your inner voice will find its way out. Mine did.”

I have linked to her blog under My Favorite Blogs in the sidebar. If you want to follow her on twitter go here. I will continue to follow her and hope for even more understanding of what might be going on inside some of our other clients, students and loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommended Amazon

Subscribe by email or obtain RSS feed by clicking here:

Amazon orders originating with clicks on any Amazon product link on the site help to benefit Music Makes Sense and its ongoing contribution to the world of music and music therapy. Thank You so much!
Related Posts with Thumbnails