The Daily Muse
Welcome to the Daily Muse feature of Music Makes Sense! This daily update brings you up to the minute news about music and music therapy as it relates to our professions, events and individual lives. You can follow the daily entries by subscribing to Music Makes Sense on Twitter or by "Liking" the Facebook page for Music Makes Sense. Enjoy, and thanks for reading!
As I sit here with the sound of drumming in the near room, I wanted to update you on a few things I have learned today:
1. Mickey Hart is not here for the drumming. :( He was apparently taken ill and unable to fly. I think we will be well covered with drum circle facilitators, however with Bill Matney, Kalani and Christine Stevens in attendance!
2. Lots of news on the online front:
- We will soon be able to submit manuscripts for consideration in the Journal of Music Therapy and Music Therapy Perspectives through an on-line process. The journals will soon be opening a brand new website with all the information. I think this will make the submission process much easier.
- The Reimbursement committee will also be hosting a new webpage with stories about how therapists are managing reimbursement issues. The page will also have helpful information and documents to assist music therapists in obtaining reimbursement from insurance companies.
3. Here are a few interesting statistics I learned:
- The 2011 acceptance rate for articles submitted to the Journal of Music therapy is around 36%.
- The 7 year average acceptance rate for Music Therapy perspectives is about 50%.