Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Adapted Song Series: Pop the Bubble!

Pop the Bubble.wav


Click on the radio to hear the song!

I wrote this song in order to take advantage of the power of bubbles. I often see special education teachers using bubbles as a motivation tool or sensory-motor experience. I had a client who needed to work on "P" and "B" sounds, so writing a song just made sense. I wrote the song so that children in a group could practice taking turns blowing the bubbles while clapping to the beat. Once there were bubbles airborne this naturally flowed into trying to pop the bubbles. I encourage my clients to say, "POP!" every time they clap their hands. For some of the children, they can approximate by saying the sound for the letter P or B. I like the fact that in this song the kids are clapping for their peer in support, but also practicing important motor and communication skills by trying to pop the bubbles. I just made a quick recording so that you can hear the song, but I often sing it without the guitar since I am facilitating the bubble blowing. The kids always love this song! Have fun!


Pop the Bubble!







D                        G        D

Watch ______ blow the bubble,



                        G            D    

Watch ______ blow the bubble!



                                G

Clap your hands and pop the bubble,



C                            D

Clap your hands and pop the bubble!



                                G                            

Clap your hands and pop the bubble,



        E7                A7

Say, p-p-p-p-pop.......Pop!



            D

(and - POP)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommended Amazon

Subscribe by email or obtain RSS feed by clicking here:

Amazon orders originating with clicks on any Amazon product link on the site help to benefit Music Makes Sense and its ongoing contribution to the world of music and music therapy. Thank You so much!
Related Posts with Thumbnails