Friday, September 18, 2009

Side Notes: Florida State University


I have now been at Florida State University for one month! So far it has been a fantastic experience to be pursuing the doctoral degree in music therapy. Tallahassee is a pretty town and the university atmosphere is very friendly and supportive. I have the privilege of studying with some of the most published researchers in the music therapy/music education field and I look forward every day to gaining new insight into research and treatment in the world of music therapy.

I am sure that I will be able to share many new ideas and explore aspects of music therapy that I had not thought of before. My current focus in school is learning how to write a course curriculum for a music therapy drumming class that I will be teaching next semester. I will also be brushing up on my knowledge about research and statistics in preparation for my own experimental designs. I would like to conduct some new studies about music assisted relaxation to improve mood in cardiac rehabilitation patients. I may also look at some new techniques for addressing sensory integration through music therapy with children who have autism.

I love sharing what I learn. Just today I found out that there is a very impressive museum about Thomas Edison in Ft. Myers, Florida! This museum has a large collection of early recording and player devices from the turn of the century. Find it here. Stay tuned for much more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommended Amazon

Subscribe by email or obtain RSS feed by clicking here:

Amazon orders originating with clicks on any Amazon product link on the site help to benefit Music Makes Sense and its ongoing contribution to the world of music and music therapy. Thank You so much!
Related Posts with Thumbnails