Monday, August 22, 2011

Side Notes: Protect Your Work While You Are On The Go!

The Daily Muse     
Welcome to the Daily Muse feature of Music Makes Sense!  This daily update brings you up to the minute news about music and music therapy as it relates to our professions, events and individual lives.  You can follow the daily entries by subscribing to Music Makes Sense on Twitter or by "Liking" the Facebook page for Music Makes Sense.  Enjoy, and thanks for reading!

Follow musicmakessense on Twitter


Schools are getting back into session, and whether you are a teacher, therapist or student, you need to know how to protect your mobile devices! I am starting to write my dissertation and have implemented several backup strategies for my files. But I would be dealt a serious blow if my laptop was stolen or lost! When I was doing music therapy in the public schools, I also relied on my laptop and mobile phone to keep up with schedules and reports. Luckily, I never had a problem, but I have heard from many friends who lost their tech devices due to theft! 



 The Prey Project Application is an open-source program and initiative to help people react more proactively to the theft of their devices. The FREE program allows you to track your computer or phone, block access with a password and even take a picture of the user with the webcam! I have already downloaded and installed the program and feel better already. (I really wish the program could send an electric shock to a thief too, but maybe that will be in a future update...!)


Don't forget to share your favorite posts with friends and family by clicking on the share buttons at the bottom of this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommended Amazon

Subscribe by email or obtain RSS feed by clicking here:

Amazon orders originating with clicks on any Amazon product link on the site help to benefit Music Makes Sense and its ongoing contribution to the world of music and music therapy. Thank You so much!
Related Posts with Thumbnails